Workshop Project Manager – Bespoke Joinery
Workshop Project Manager – Bespoke Joinery Manufacturer & Installer – £40,000 plus package
A group of companies with a bespoke joinery arm to the business is recruiting roles for their workshop in Greater Manchester. Due to turnover increasing dramatically over the past 4yrs, an opportunity has arisen for a Workshop Project Manager to join an established team, and assist in the planning, design, management and control of all workshop projects. You will work closely alongside another Project Manager and will both report into the Workshop Manager.
The workshop turns over more than £2m per year manufacturing bespoke joinery packages for a range of clients. There are a total of 18 full time staff in the workshop, but there are plans in place to grow this considerably further in the next 2yrs.
It is essential that candidates have industry knowledge of Bespoke Joinery and have worked in a similar environment previously. The role involves planning, design / redesign, and project management including site visits and liaison with end clients.
You will have the ability to read drawings, discuss alterations or redesigns required with architects & designers, and be familiar with the measurements, dimensions and programming of works that is involved in the manufacturing and delivery of Bespoke Joinery packages. If you have experience using CAD software then this is ideal.
You will carry out actions to assist in the bid process.
Role & Responsibilities – Lead in Phase
- You will work in partnership with clients, architects and designers to develop each design and add value to the processes where appropriate.
- Attend contract start up meeting and carry out allocated actions
- Attend site and undertake detailed measure to assist with the efficient manufacturing and fitting of the joinery packages
- Design or redesign layouts and drawings from written or verbal specifications.
- Produce material procurement schedule and organise materials utilising the company buyer to ensure timely delivery
Role & Responsibilities – Delivery Phase
- Provide all relevant information to the Workshop Manager in a clear and methodical manner to enable manufacture in line with set targets.
- Assist the team to achieve set project success targets which include safety, time, quality, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Attend contract review meetings and complete actions as appropriate.
This is an opportunity to join a group of companies who have an excellent staff retention record, and are experiencing a sustained period of growth across all arms of the business.