Vehicle Damage Estimator
My client a well-established commercial vehicle repair business. They are continuing to grow and develop the business to meet the requirements and demands of all our customers and have some fantastic opportunities to work on all types of vehicle from 3.5t to 44t including trailers and coaches.
For this position, you would be based at their new Wolverhampton site which opened early in 2019 and they are looking to recruit an individual with an immediate start,
They are looking for an experienced Accident and Repair Estimator to join their team,
* Salary £25k to £30k per annum (dependant on experience)
* Hours 40 hours per week (08.30hrs – 17.00hrs) Monday to Friday
* Holiday 20 days holiday per year (plus statutory holidays) rising to 25.
* Pension Auto enrolment following probationary period.
* Life Assurance Following 6 months period
Duties to include but not limited to:
* To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained, assess the cost of repair and time scales
* To identify the correct prescribed repair method
* To prepare computerised and manual estimates
* To obtain authorities as appropriate from insurers and customers
* To communicate effectively with peers, engineers and technicians to ensure understanding of correct vehicle repair methodology
* To ensure that any supplementary work is authorised by the customer
* Adherence to Health and Safety rules and regulations
* Responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping standards in own area.
* Reduce wastage by using raw materials and consumable items carefully.
* Assist the Company in caring for the environment by disposing of waste products correctly.
* Must have current Audatex certification and be a team player
* Vehicle damage assessor / VDA background essential
* Customer Service and administration experience
* ATA qualification or be a time served technician
* Experience in a body shop or accident repair environment
* Reliable and hard working
* Microsoft Office experience essential i.e Word, Excel, Outlook
* Knowledge of EMACS advantageous but not essential
* Current driving licence required