Technical Support Engineer – Night Shift (7pm-7am, 4nights on)
One of the UK’s leading brand is looking to expand their Technical Support team, responsble for providing 1st and 2nd line technical support to a diverse 1000+ user base.
You will be provide technical support, including detection, recording, analysis and the resolution of incidents
received via phone, email, intranet and walk-up as well as respond and resolving support enquiries directly from clients, and help them resolve hardware and / or software problems.
++ You will be required to work night shift rota – 7pm -7am – 4 nights on, 4 nights off ++
- Incident diagnosis and Problem solving skills within an IT environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and prioritise different activities.
- Ability to liaise with, and relate to, a broad spectrum of individuals.
- Strong customer service ethos with a can do mentality.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (v7 & v8) & Office packages (2007, 2010, 2013 & 365).
- Good network knowledge (WAN / LAN).
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up, configuration and maintenance.
- Comfortable in playing a key role within a team environment.
- A flexible approach to the provision of support services to a dynamic, growing business.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- Understanding of software tools such as Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Understanding of MAC OSX & iOS (including MDM).
- Understanding of Oracle products relevant to the retail industry.
- Understanding the business drivers (e.g. tangible, intangible benefits).