Technical Services Manager
My client is an ambitious Managed Services Provider, looking for an experienced Technical Services Manager from a similar ilk, to lead and manage the IT Infrastructure Service Desk Team; providing the highest level of customer service.
This role would involve working with project engineering teams to sign off solutions design during pre-sales phase and managing the service desk team in supporting change requests, incident and proactive monitoring and maintenance activities.
The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge in IT Infrastructure – Networks, Desktop/Server, Office 365, Sophos security, Back-up as well as Telecoms – Hosted and on-premise telephone systems, Traditional fixed lines and SIP connectivity, Broadband and Leased line data connectivity.
Essentially you need to be highly competent in …….
- Leading service desk, project engineers, to deliver IT infrastructure / Telecoms services to external SME sized customers (essential)
- Extensive direct line management of technical teams; recruiting training, developing through coaching and mentoring, managing performance (essential)
- Hands on problem solving (essential)
- Managing and embedding change (essential)
- Designing service delivery and quality management models (essential) ITIL trained and certified (desirable)
- Competent user of MS Office suite, strong excel skills (essential)
- Service Desk Management software – Connectwise would be a distinct advantage
- Full driving licence (essential)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)