Team Leader – Mechanical Engineering.
We have partnered with one of the leading Engineering Consultants, who specialize in powertrain development.
Due to continued expansion, our Client is recruiting for a Team Leader, in the mechanical engineering section.
This role is based in Belgium and our Client offers an excellent working environment, in state of the art facilities.
- You coordinate and define the different activities within your team, according to the priorities of each one in your team.
- You will be coaching and supporting a team of 10 to 15 engineers in the R&D department for automatic transmissions, hybrid and full electric powertrains.
- You organize technical training and support to guarantee the expected competence level of your team and the sharing of knowledge and expertise.
- You ensure the correct implementation and execution of the existing processes and workflows in these areas. You identify and cooperate in the elaboration of improvement opportunities of these processes.
- You co-operate with internal departments such as project and application management, quality and purchasing.
- Ensures the quality of the performed efforts of your team
- You will be responsible for a good communication flow within and between the different teams.
- You will report to your overall R&D Hardware Manager.
- You have thorough knowledge and experience in the field of mechanics, dynamics, and production (preferably in an automotive environment).
- You have an engineering degree (industrial, electromechanical or mechanical) or equivalent by experience.
- You are a perseverant person with a goal-oriented and analytical mindset.
- Thanks to your clear communication skills and good knowledge of English, you are proficient in reporting knowledge and results.
- You are a strong team player and an excellent people manager.
- We offer a dynamic work environment, the chance to grow within the company and to develop your competences in new technologies.
- You will join a respected company with an outspoken international orientation in the challenging world of automotive industry.
- We provide a congestion-free access and an attractive salary package with all kinds of fringe benefits.
- You can count on motivated colleagues, professional space for creativity and initiative and short communication lines.