Systems Ops Engineer – Ubuntu – AWS
My client is a worldwide presence looking for an experienced Systems Operations Engineer responsible for the delivery of infrastructure strategy and support of the entire Linux estate as well as the AWS platform. This role will works closely with Dev / Dev-Ops teams to support their infrastructure requirements too.
The essential skills/attributes are:
- Sound knowledge and experience of AWS technologies.
- Linux System knowledge gained in a professional services/project organisation and/or technical environment.
- Knowledge of automation and orchestration tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Proven experience of the following technologies:
- Good knowledge and understanding of containerisation platforms including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of IT Security fundamentals.
- Experience of Linux server builds and hardware installation and configuration.
- Experience of planning and implementing systems and network integrations and migrations.
- Ability to manage customer expectations and SLA’s and prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Ability to keep up to date with technology trends and to understand key technical drivers in the industry.
The desirable skills/additional ideal experiences should include:
- A good understanding of Service Management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework.
- Knowledge and understanding of AWS Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, CloudWatch, EKS and CloudFormation.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with customers and stakeholders, both internal and external to the business.
- Experience of working alongside application development teams, supporting and advising on best practice to maintain performance and availability.
- Familiarity with Service Desk Ticketing systems.