SQL Server DBA
My client is a Manchester based leading Solutions Provider, looking for an Lead SQL Server DBA. You will be responsible for maintaining stand-alone SQL Server 2008 R2 instances with transactional replication and failover clustering. You will also be part of the process to migrate the legacy SQL 2008 databases to SQL Server 2014 too 🙂
We are looking for an experienced DBA to join our existing team, where you will be assisting our Software Delivery team on the migration project, be involved in any new project lifecycle, maintaining the security of our data, and ensuring our data remains highly available by maximising uptime and maintaining consistent data backups. You will also play a key part in the Company’s GDPR strategy, ensuring that all systems are comprehensively data mapped and liaising with our Data Protection Officer where necessary.
- You have proven experience with SQL Server 2008R2 and 2014
- You know how systems interact with databases and be comfortable working with Technical Architects to plan how existing database schemas can be improved.
- You are confident advising Software Developers on stored procedures and T-SQL, and have exposure to nHibernate and entity framework solutions connecting to SQL.
- You have experience reviewing and performance tuning indexes, stored procedures etc.
- You have previously looked at decoupling databases from each other and key systems and services.