SQL Server DBA
My client is looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA for a short term proof of concept work, which could result in longer term project.
You will be responsible for all SQL Server instances and databases in the production, support and project environments. Providing consultation and technical expertise regarding the entire SQL Server estate, database management tools, access methods, and vendor-provided database management software.
Responsibilites would include, but not limited to ..
- Standardised, automated and documented SQL Server instance setup and configuration
- Design SQL Server database and storage solutions.
- Designed and implement backup and recovery strategy
- Integrate SQL Server events / alerts into monitoring systems
- Defined SQL Server database maintenance strategy to optimise performance.
- Schedule and implement upgrades of existing systems
- capacity planning and configuration / monitoring amendments.