Salary: to £50,000 plus flexible working hours and benefits
Ideal skills: Testing, Tester, Software Tester, Test Team Leader, Automation, Manual, Selenium, Agile, eCommerce. Excellent opportunity
Software Tester. My client is one of the fastest growing Online Retailers in the U.K. Due to relocation to new offices and further expansion they now require an experienced Software Tester. This is a fantastic opportunity as my client invests heavily in technology and people and there is excellent career development and further training on offer.
I am looking for an exceptional candidate to work with my client and to help them develop and expand further. The ideal candidate is someone who can add new ideas, experience, energy and enthusiasm into the mix. The successful candidate will need to enjoy and thrive from working in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. Ideally you will also be from an eCommerce background or similar.
This role will suit a Senior Tester, who can take ownership of testing across diverse projects and help define testing process. You will be collaboratively working with the development team where strong communication is vital. My client work in a pragmatic agile environment where the customer is always first. As a senior you will be highly pro-active, positive and be role model for the testers in the team.
Primarily you will be performing targeted exploratory testing, concurrently designing and executing tests. You define and set your scope for testing. My client has a continuously enhancing technology stack; so expect you to have a strong technical background. You should be able propose testing strategies across varying architectures and technologies, not just front-end technology.
As the team evolves you will be working closely with the team lead refining the testing strategies across the company. This includes both manual and automation initiatives.
Specific Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Identifying defects in the application under test
- Perform ad-hoc functional testing and integration testing
- Working with BA’s and developers to analyse testing requirements in the early stages of development and create suitable acceptance criteria
- Attending example workshops and provide early feedback on projects
- Cross-browser and Device regression testing
- Assist in planning the team workload in Sprint Planning
- Become an expert user of IT systems understanding how these systems are used by end users
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Work with the test team lead to actively improve the testing process
- Any other activities as outlined by the Test Team Lead or Development Manager
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Essential:
- Ideally 4-5 years testing experience in e-commerce environments or similiar
- High level of understanding of testing process, agile principles and methodologies
- An ability to plan efficient and traceable testing outputs within an exploratory driven environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with automation strategies
- Technically minded
- Be a self-starter and able to work on your own initiative
- Able to demonstrate an ability to think analytically
- Able to demonstrate a heuristic and context driven approach to testing
- Experience in writing BDD requirements
- Experience in test automation strategy within an Agile context
Fantastic opportunity for the right person so call now to hear more