Skilled Team Members – Fitters
My Client is looking to recruit a Number of Skilled Engineers with good technical knowledge covering mechanical, electrical, plumbing & vehicle building skills for initially 18 months contractS but there is potential for the roles to become Permanent opportunities.
To find out more about these position please apply within. The roles will be working on various shifts but the salary and benefits are very good.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Carry out maintenance of diesel multiple units to recognised standards and laid down procedures whilst playing an active role. To carry out duties to ensure that the reliability and availability targets are consistently met and improved.
LIST OF DUTIES
- To allocate work to yourself & the team members.
- Ensure that work sheets are signed off correctly, coded and that work has been carried out to the required specifications & standards
- Liaise with the operations department on required vehicle movements and advise maintenance control on work completed
- Ensure that Safety procedures are carried out in accordance with statutory and local requirements
- Ensure that appropriate procedures and work instructions are carried out in accordance with documented systems
- Carry out regular meetings with Team members in order that problems are resolved quickly and effectively
- Ensure that staff under your control receive the required training & development
- Carry out Technical, Quality, Safety & General briefings as required ensuring action taken on items raised
- To instigate at the appropriate level, Sickness Monitoring and Discipline procedures
- Plan & control leave entitlement for team members within set guidelines in order to meet the business plan
- As required carry out training within your limit of competence
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- Good technical knowledge covering mechanical, electrical, plumbing & vehicle building skills
- Successful completion of craft interchangeability training
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance instructions(VMI) & working instructions(insert pre-requisite education details.
- Be an able communicator with the ability to train, develop & motivate staff
- The post holder must receiv a general safety awareness course(s) including manual ng techniques, fire safety and COSHH