Site Services Electrician
My client who are a national FMCG manufacturer are looking to recruit a Site Services Electrician paying a salary of £30,500 plus OT.
You will need to ensure the effective performance of all site services electrical systems. The person provide electrical expertise and support to address factory services and facility problems, plant improvements and electrical installation of capital equipment.
- Ensure that all site electrical maintenance is carried out and recorded on time and in a safe manner.
- Interface with the maintenance planner & stores personnel for the planning & provision of spares, materials for equipment.
- Respond to services electrical breakdowns in a quick and effective manner to minimise downtime.
- Own and co-ordinate the effective completion of the engineering tasks designated from the engineering task list.
- Have involvement in the design of engineering solutions to improve site services performance
- Creation of effective shift reports.
- Active involvement in the relevant C.I, Skills Development and H&S Teams.
- To provide assistance in the development of the engineering apprentices.
- Active involvement in process projects and capital projects.
- Deputise for Facilities & Services Co-ordinator in case of absence.
- To have and utilise basic mechanical skills
BRIEF PERSON SPECIFICATION:
- Full engineering apprenticeship must have been undertaken and documented.
- A recognised qualification in electrical / electronic engineering.
- To have or be willing to attain, the latest edition of BS7671 (Wiring Regulations)
- A “can-do” attitude.
- The ability to communicate from shop floor to senior management.
- Experienced in the installation and maintenance of electrical services and electrical maintenance of factory based electrical services and systems.
- Experienced with process control instruments i.e. flow meters, flow sensors, process valves, level sensors, flow controllers.
- Experienced in calibration of process instruments.
- Portable appliance testing experience.
- Cherry picker competent.
- Panel building and wiring of electrical installations.
- Maintenance and installation of lighting systems.
- Experienced with alarm systems testing and maintenance
- Conversant with LV distribution systems.
- A basic understanding of fieldbus and industrial communication technologies.
- A willingness to embrace new technologies.
Good written and oral communication skill