Service Desk Support Manager
My client is a world leader technology solutions provider and is currently looking for a Service Desk Support Manager to manage 11 IT engineers, supporting over 1000 users in over 13 countries. You will be responsible for leading the IT Service Desk and Field Operations Support teams and assist the IT Operations Director in the delivery of IT support across the company.
Responsibilities would include
- Creates an atmosphere of collaboration within the Service Desk and Field Operations teams that emphasises teamwork and accountability and a focus on the customer.
- Works with business unit executives and IT management to define support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyses and predicts trends and develops long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the companies IT service delivery strategies.
- Actively participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing current knowledge and future vision of service delivery both emergent and good practice as related to the needs of the business.
- Proactively researches and recommends courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high service levels for our internal customers.
- Ensures policies are developed and implemented according to all applicable regulations.
- The work will require excellent written and oral communication skills, in addition to technical, and leadership skills.
The essential skills/attributes are: –
- A thorough understanding of Service Management disciplines, ideally using the ITIL framework.
- Eager to learn and passionate about IT support with the desire to succeed in a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in customer service and/or administrative excellence in an IT or business environment.
- Takes ownership of problems and incidents.
- Ability to resolve conflict through negotiation and relationship building rather than formal authority structures.
- Ability to build and develop a highly competent team of technical staff with a service delivery orientation.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems anticipating dependencies and interrelationships. Highly developed problem solving skills to resolve service problems and incidents using staff resources and service provider capabilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Office 365 and Windows 10.
- Experience with practical troubleshooting within a Windows environment and dealing with users direct and/or by telephone.
- Remote diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.