Temporary to Permanent
£ 28,700 (with call out work available)
Our client, a leading housing provider in Greater Manchester, require a Senior Technician to assist in the management of a team of trades operatives carrying out repairs to housing stock in the Manchester area.
You will have a trade background and have a formal qualification (NVQ 3 or equivalent) in either joinery or plumbing and an extensive knowledge of other trades.
The successful applicant will spend the majority of time ‘off the tools’ but may be required to carry out some works on occasion and also be available for call-out work where necessary.
Day to day duties will include:
– Helping the Assistant Repairs Manager to manage a team of tradesmen
– Ensuring that appointments with customers are met on time
– Taking responsibility for any customer complaints/enquiries
– Ensuring works are carried out in accordance with H&S legislation
– Site inspections, reporting findings, plant and ladder checks
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of delivering a repairs service (ideally in a social housing environment) and be competent at using a hand held PDA device in order to carry out the role in a mobile capacity.
This is a mobile role and as such, a full clean UK driving licence is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced tradesman who is looking to take a step on to the management ladder.
For more information please call on 07725232450