Senior Network Engineer
My client is an international solutions provider looking for an Senior Networks Engineer with a strong bias to Cisco technologies to deliver of all infrastructure strategy and to lead the IT Infrastructure Services team in the delivery of service to the business.
Responsibilities will include..
- Analyses and predicts trends and develops long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Actively participates in IT strategy planning activities, bringing current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology, systems, both emergent and good practice as related to the needs of the business.
- Ensures policies are developed and implemented according to all applicable regulations.
- Mentors, supports and oversees the Infrastructure team and works with the IT Operations Director to develop and maintain staff succession plans ensuring mentoring and development opportunities are made and progressed where appropriate.
You will be highly competent in
- Strong people management skills – must be able to lead and motivate a team of technical staff with strong interpersonal communications skills and build and develop a highly competent team of technical staff with a service orientation.
- Infrastructure System knowledge gained in a professional services/project organisation and/or technical environment.
- Proven experience of the following technologies:
- Cloud hosting (AWS and Azure preferred)
- Cisco Networking and Unified Communications
- Windows Server
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Virtualisation technologies (VMware preferred)
- Knowledge of IT Security fundamentals.
- Experience of planning and implementing systems and network integrations and cloud migrations.
- Remote diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity of data centre environments.