Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Geotechnical Engineer – Senior Post – Based Greater Manchester – Up to Director Level – £35,000 – 55,000 plus package – Minimum 10 years’ experience
About the Company
Multi-disciplinary Environmental and Management Consultancy with three offices around the country. We provide a tailored and bespoke service for our clients and believe that our unique approach to business positions us ahead of our competitors. This makes the company a successful environmental and management company that is growing year on year. Join our existing and fast growing team at a senior level with excellent career prospects and promotion opportunities and join a highly motivated and innovative company to help achieve your goals and aspirations.
About the Role
The client is expanding their geotechnical and contaminated land team and require a highly experienced engineer with specific practical knowledge in interpreting geotechnical data and providing design solutions to new builds. Experience in the contaminated land industry will also be required.
What you need to Succeed
The successful candidate will provide high level support to the head of our geotechnical arm of the company, with a view to help expanding and nurturing the Section with further staff in the future. In addition, they will also aid the existing contaminated land and flood risk team.
The successful candidate will have an excellent academic background with relevant degree qualifications.
The following experience will be required:
- Pavement design.
- Foundation design (including plot by plot detailed foundation plans).
- Slope stability.
- Drainage Design.
- Running projects.
- Writing quotes and scoping site investigations.
- Client management and regulatory liaison.
- Experience in the contaminated land Sector.
- Mentor junior staff.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Work well within a team and other colleagues / sub-contractors.
- Plan works, arrange and manage geotechnical investigation.
- Provide high level support with regards to geotechnical matters.
- Willingness to occasionally work away from home.
- Good communicator in written and verbal skills.
- Good computer skills and Microsoft applications.
- Problem solver and lateral thinker.
- Maintain client relationship.
- Full UK driving license.
- Chartered in a relevant discipline.
What to do Next
If you fit the criteria above and have the ambition to join a growing company then please apply via this advert or call the Office to discuss further. 01612122308