Quantity Surveyor – Civil & Groundworks
Quantity Surveyor – Civil Engineering, Groundworks Demolition & Plant Hire Contractor – Cumbria
About the Client
A family business which has been established for over 40yrs and is one of the most reputable contractors in the Cumbria & Lancashire region in its sector.. They specialise in civil engineering, demolition, plant hire and crushing, and sub contract to clients in the commercial and residential sectors. They pride themselves on offering a safe and reliable service to their clients, which results in long standing relationships and repeat business from clients.
About the Role
You will join as a Quantity Surveyor and be based in their head office in Cumbria. Civil engineering and groundworks packages range in value from £50k to £5m, and are JCT and NEC Forms of contract, You will be responsible for undertaking measurement records to value works undertaken, variations, agree values and finalise accounts.
What you need to Succeed
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and qualifications
To hold an appropriate professional qualification in Quantity Surveying. A Degree is preferable
- To have a minimum of, 3 to 5 years experience, working on groundworks and civil engineering contracts.
- To have a good working knowledge, of JCT Contracts, it would also be an advantage to understand the NEC Form of contracts.
- To have worked on civil engineering / groundworks construction Contracts from £50k to £5 Million
- To understand the various methods of construction relating to civil engineering and groundworks, and be able to undertake measurement records to value works undertaken.
- To recognise additional works / variations, undertake measures and agree values.
- To procure sub-contractors, check their applications, agree accounts, and certify payments
- To prepare detailed monthly valuations and applications, including all appropriate records for submission to our clients.
- To monitor payment of valuations and applications, resolving any differences and contractual issues promptly.
- To hold a UK driving licence