Project Manager – manufacturing
Project Manager – Manufacturing
£40k – £55k per annum
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Manager required for a market leading manufacturing organisation in Manchester focused on the production of special purpose machinery (electro-mechanical/robotic) unique to their industry.
Overall management of project(s) from the specification of requirements through to acceptance testing at the customer site, including project planning, financial reporting, personnel management, internal and external (client) communications and management of the client relationship. The job holder is responsible for the tracking and resolution of issues and problems as and when they arise.
- Project manage a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of mechanical designers, electrical designers, software engineers, installation technicians, refrigeration engineers and test engineers
- The job holder liaises and negotiates with sub-contractors and suppliers with regards to manufacturing, installation and the supervision of sub-contractor staff
- To manage the project financially, including the generation of monthly project reports etc
- To ensure that delivered systems are fit for purpose, and are in line with legislation and client requirements as appropriate
- To ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations and client requirements. Any deviations from normal working practices, e.g. QA procedures, must be reported to the relevant member of staff, e.g. Quality Manager
- Once the manufacturing stages of the project are complete, the job holder will take responsibility for the installation / commissioning phase. This can occur at clients’ site, either within the UK or overseas
- The job holder will ideally be qualified to degree level, or equivalent, in a relevant subject area. Qualification by experience is acknowledged, and lack of academic qualifications is not a barrier to staff holding the position of project manager
- The job requires a minimum of five years relevant experience gained in project-based environment. The job holder is required to have experience of client interfacing at senior level, and have a high degree of commercial / contractual awareness
- The job holder requires a good working knowledge of project planning, including a working knowledge of PC-based planning tools
- The job holder will be computer literate, specifically in word processing and spreadsheet packages, an understanding of PC-based design tools, e.g. AutoCAD, would be an advantage
Interested applicants to apply with an up to date copy of their CV for immediate consideration