£32,000 to £38,000 plus benefits
Our client is a leading manufacturer of automated products for a variety of industries.
As an experienced Production Planner your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing MRP and similar applications multiple times weekly per area to assure timely responsiveness to changes in demand (Customer bookings, safety stock builds, and Master
Production Scheduled material fulfilment needs) that trigger updated production planning.
- Creates and releases Production Orders in support of above, with keen awareness to needed completion dates, component and capacity availability, and any other resource issues needed to support on-time delivery to internal and external customers.
- Able to research and analyse root causes of late deliveries in support of corrective actions needed to drive delivery improvement. Also able to perform similar actions proactively for future demand.
- Support the ongoing Quality Management by insuring all applicable policies, procedures, and work instructions are in compliance.
- Responsible for regular review of inventory levels in areas of responsibility to minimize inventory while assuring adequate component and finished goods stock to support corporate delivery and financial goals. Take actions needed to avoid slow and excess inventory.
- Monitor, apply judgment and react to inventory, backorder and service levels of purchased raw and manufactured finished goods to achieve customer service and business objectives.
- Other Production Planning duties as per the business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in material / production planning.
- Basic understanding of Oracle or SAP (or similar) MRP based planning systems.
- Demonstrated Material related analytical skills such as setting up a forecast, safety stocks, shortage lists, material assessment reports, etc.
How to APPLY
To apply for this position please send your updated CV through to this advert. For further clarify on any points please ring our DCS Recruitment office.