Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Engineering / Manufacturing
£32,000 to £40,000 Depending on experience + Benefits
My client is a very established Special Purpose Machinery company.
This is a new position within an established engineering team to focus on driving the manufacturing and assembly costs down through improved design. This position has been created to support a growing order book and an aggressive growth strategy. This is a key role within the business to ensure they can continue to increase their manufacturing throughput and our product development.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will work within a multi disciplined Engineering team which comprises of mechanical, electrical and software engineers. They will work closely with the engineering and production teams on site as well as the engineering and production teams based at other locations.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be expected to undertake the following duties and responsibilities;
- Working closely with the manufacturing and assembly teams at Blackburn and in the companies European manufacturing sites with the aim of reducing the cost of manufacturing components and to reduce the time and complexity in assembling the equipment.
- Redesigning components in Creo Elements/ProE 5 to corporate design and manufacturing standards to provide the production team’s with greater flexibility and manufacturing options.
- Help support other Engineers in the team with Creo Elements/ProE 5.
- Hold design review meetings with the production and engineering teams to ensure any design changes will be effective and will not be detrimental to the performance of the equipment.
- To ensure that when any design changes are made the Customer Service team can still support existing equipment either by ensuring the new parts are backwards compatible or creating spare kits.
- Working closely with the development teams to ensure new products and features are; designed for manufacturing, designed for assembly and also meet corporate design and manufacturing standards.
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer should;
- Have a good understanding of automated manufacturing and designing parts for automated manufacture. Be familiar with working to strict design guidelines to ensure that component manufacturing can be automated as much as possible.
- Be able to provide input to product development projects and identify potential design improvements during the early development phases.
- Minimum 3 years working experience of Creo/ProE and Windchill. Be able to construct complex 3D shapes, detail drawing and assemblies using skeleton frameworks. Be willing to assist other engineers in the team during the transition to Creo.
- Ability to construct and maintain bills of material with high levels of variation.
To apply for this position please send your updated CV via the link attached to this advert.