Manufacturing Engineer – Defence Sector
Manufacturing Engineer (Intermediate – Senior)
£30k – £38k
An opportunity has arisen to work for a highly respected defence company, seeking a Grad to Junior Manufacturing/Process Engineer to join an established team working on projects at the forefront of the defence sector.
This role has been created through a consistent increase in order numbers, as well as a desire to invest further in the current manufacturing department.
Core skills and responsibilities
- Manufacturing engineering – methodologies, planning, cell development and quantitative analysis.
- Lean manufacturing – waste reduction, process analysis and optimisation.
- Machining – CNC milling and turning, programming, engineering tolerance, machine set-up and tooling development.
- Health, Safety and Environment, e.g. PUWER, COSHH, REACH
- General – Microsoft Office suite.
Experience in all these disciplines would be ideal but not essential as full training will be given.
- Production /process engineering
- Equipment and tooling design
- Manufacturing process control
- Lean manufacturing techniques
- Health, Safety and Environment experience (ideally involving hazardous materials)
- CNC machining, moulding, bonding and assembly
- C&G, HNC, HND or Mechanical Engineering degree (or equivalent).
Candidates will need a structured approach to improvement opportunities and be able to prioritise workload to meet customer and stakeholder deadlines.
If possible, based on their own experience, candidates should demonstrate practical examples of improvements and problem solving.
Above all, the successful candidates must be proactive and capable of working within a team. They should also have a positive attitude, and be looking for development within the role and a long term career.
N.B. Due to the sensitive nature of this role/industry, only applicants with a UK passport are able to be considered.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration.