Intermediate Quantity Surveyor – New Build Housing
Intermediate Quantity Surveyor – Sunderland (Up to £42,000 + package)
About the company
The company is a rapidly expanding Build-to-Rent developer that has a focus on building safe and friendly communities with private terraces, attractive communal courtyards and gardens or children’s playgrounds. Due to expansion into the North East Region with ambitious growth plans in this area and across the Midlands and North of England.
About the role
The development consists of 26 bungalows 90 3 and 4 new build properties in timber frame construction with associated roads, sewers and external works with a contract sum of £13.3m.
Predominantly be site based – required to travel to the head office a couple of times a month.
- Supply chain procurement and order placement.
- Commercial management of supply chain on site including valuation and payment notices, managing variations, dispute resolution.
- The input of payment information into the accounts system in line with company deadlines.
- Ensure all cost information is checked and validated, and all accruals are submitted to ensure accurate costs are presented to the client for a drawdown of funding.
- Cost value reconciliation and forecasting final outturn of a scheme to ensure budgets are fully managed and financial risk identified.
- Present CVR information at a monthly meeting with Senior Management and Directors and resolve any actions instructed.
- Provide support to Company Estimator through cost information, support with tender send outs to assist in budgeting for new schemes.
You will need
- 2-3 years post graduate experience.
- Significant house building experience with a recognised developer.
- Ambitious with a positive attitude.
- Strong record of managing projects in this geographical area.
- Clear progression opportunities for you to grow into the business with expansion plans.
- Car Allowance
- Healthcare – for individual
- Bonus scheme
- Mobile phone
- Holidays 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Payment of annual membership fees for professionally qualified staff e.g. MCIOB, FCIOB, RICS
- Professional and Personal Development Training