£40,000 – £50,000pa + Car + Package
Our client, a leading construction business, are looking for a Regional Buyer to join the business at their site based in Yorkshire. The position will have exposure to all areas of the business, specifically working with the wider purchasing & planning teams.
The role is heavily focused on managing and maintaining the strong relationships with suppliers, as well as the following;
- Work with suppliers reading & interpreting drawings & schedule materials from this.
- Manage smooth processes around quotations
- Provide site specific material budgets
- Have a full understanding of the products being purchased
- Manage any demand issues in an efficient manner
- Liaise, implement and manage delivery schedules
- Focus on continuous improvement processes to drive efficiency throughout the department
The successful candidate will be an engaging person with strong communication skills which have been developed in a similar construction environment.
Further, it is essential that you are;
- Ideally have a procurement and construction related qualification
- APICS Certified (CPIM)
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Have a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience within a purchasing team
- Strong MRP experience
- Proven continuous improvement experience
£40,000 – £50,000pa + Car + Benefits
Our client is a leading construction business