Gantry/Overhead Crane Operator
Location: England, London, South East London
Rate/Salary: £ to £
Gantry Crane Operator – South East London
About the Role
Gantry Operator Responsibilities:
- Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket: Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
What you need to succeed
Gantry Operator Experience:
- Blue CPCS competence card – A64 Overhead Travelling Crane (Remote Operated & Fixed Cab Control)
- TEEP – CITY & GUILDS 6151-02 & Tunnelling Safety Training Scheme (TSTS) Qualifications
- Knowledge of civils construction practices, lifting plant and equipment
- Understanding of relevant information relating to different types of lifting accessories, i.e. markings, certificates, and thorough examination reports, etc.
- Knowledge of maintenance, inspection, thorough examination and testing requirements for lifting equipment and accessories.
- 5 – 10 years in similar roles
- Checkable references
Call Joe/Dave on 0161 212 2308 opt 2
Job Reference: GAN/SEL
Salary From: £
Salary To: £
Job Industries: Construction
Job Locations: England, London, South East London
Job Types: Temporary
Job Skills: Gantry/Overhead Crane Operator
Apply for this Job
Get noticed! Upload your CV for free today. Find out more