£20,000 – £25,000 + benefits
We are looking for a professional, self-motivated individual to work as Fleet Supervisor/Controller predominantly from our Manchester Head Office. As the Fleet Supervisor/Controller your primary responsibility is that the fleet is maintained to a safe, legal and roadworthy standard.
You will work closely with the transport teams ensuring any damaged vehicles and those requiring service or warranty are documented and processed for repairs and ensure that all de-fleet vehicles are administered and prepared ready for the necessary disposal.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will be responsible in ensuring the onsite teams across the UK carry out the below on a daily / quarterly / annual basis;
- Conduct and validate daily Fleet Checks
- Prepare vehicles to a professional standard at all times
- Checking, auditing and ensuring the safety and security of the fleet
- Receive new vehicles into the branch location and process in a timely manner in order to be placed on fleet using the correct documentation, the accurate taking of photographs and processing of the spare keys as per current procedures.
- Liaise with Fleet Department regarding arranging of vehicle repairs and follow up any actions as appropriate.
- Review paperwork to ensure complete and consistent and confirm any fresh damage.
- Process fresh damage notifications to fleet department including taking images of damage to validate damage.
- Process vehicles for end of life de-fleet including identifying and reporting any refurbishment required.
- Carry out detailed Quality Control check to confirm vehicle is in a safe, legal and roadworthy condition, including identifying any service or routine maintenance work required and notify fleet as required
- Liaise with Fleet Department and Branch Team to ensure all new vehicles have working tracker units fitted prior to rent and also removal of units at end of life de-fleet
- Previous experience from a vehicle rental, fleet management or body shop background
- The ability to work in a fast moving and pressured environment dealing with multiple requests, and manage and organise workloads, prioritising as required to meet deadlines, adapting to the business needs as needed.
- A reliable, flexible, positive and professional manner.
- A keen and enthusiastic nature.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent team player skills.
- Confidence with IT, smartphone technology and using Microsoft Office.
- A full driving license.
£20,000 – £25,000pa + Benefits