Electronic Design Engineer (+ Mechanical Design understanding)
Electronic Design Engineer (with Mechanical Design understanding)
Engineering / Manufacturing
Ashton Under Lyne
£35,000 to £45,000+ Benefits
DCS Recruitment is currently working with a company who manufacture a range of LED products for a variety of sectors. The company design and develop their full range of products and due to continued growth they are now searching for an experience Electronic Design Engineer.
- Develop, maintain and improve LED drivers, power supplies and control systems for
lighting systems and related products in the road and rail transport industries..
- To produce detailed Bills of Materials.
- To produce supporting documentation including assembly and test instructions.
- To liaise with sales, mechanical designers and production staff to ensure that all
product/engineering requirements are considered.
- To maintain existing product design and documentation when changes are required.
- To provide technical assistance to Customers as required.
- To support Quality with technical knowledge where required.
- Entry of part numbers and descriptions.
- Write assembly and test instructions for production use.
- Liaison with Far East manufacturing partners.
- Supporting Quality with technical knowledge where required.
- Liaison with test houses to plan and execute required “Type Testing” of products.
- Technical input to Customer Returns analysis.
- Electronic circuit design and testing. Particularly LED driver design.
- Software for Programmable Logic Devices.
- Photometry and photometric measurement.
- Knowledge of 3D & 2D modelling/drawing.
- Structuring of BOM’s to reflect build sequences.
- Demonstrable practical experience is important.
- A degree in Electronics / Product design would be an advantage but not a necessity.
To apply for this position please send your updated CV via the link attached to this advert.