DevOps Engineer – Redhat – Ansible
My client is a worldwide presence looking for an experienced Devops Engineer responsible for transitioning from traditional to development-lead operations with the focus being on automation and cloud technologies. Working closely with the development, networking, operations and architecture teams the candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of platform and product software deployments.
- Strong experience in Linux operating systems, specifically Red Hat (RHEL or Redhat) and CentOS.
- Experience with virtualisation, specifically VMWare.
- Knowledge of network protocols and internet topology.
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools, specifically Ansible.
- Good knowledge of containers, specifically Docker.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Knowledge of software versioning and version control systems such as Git.
- Experience in producing detailed infrastructure/deployment diagrams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong creative and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive approach to discovering and learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Experience implementing and managing public cloud technologies, e.g. GCP.
- Experience using Kubernetes.
- Experience using Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience using a CDN such as Cloudflare.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools such as Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products including JIRA and BitBucket.
- An understanding of Agile software development methodologies.
- Windows server and AD support experience.
- Experience operating NoSQL databases such as Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB.