Courier / Van Driver
Courier / Delivery Driver – Temp to Permanent Contract – Training Provided
Our client, a rapidly growing national transport business, is looking for several new Delivery Drivers to join their team delivering goods around the West Midlands.
The role will involve delivering goods on time in full direct to customers, providing excellent customer service along the way.
The role will form part of an established team, so strong team working skills are vital to maintaining a smooth operation.
- This is a temporary to permanent position, so if you complete your first 12 weeks to the desired standard, you will be offered a full time, permanent contract.
- This role is 40 hours a week with regular overtime.
- A vehicle will be provided for this role.
- To drive responsibly and within the law at all times, within speed limits and with due regard for other road users.
- To have the ability to be able to check the delivery vehicle is in a roadworthy condition and have the ability to record/report any defects found
- To be able to Load the vehicle with due regard for safely, security, and parcel care.
- The ability to record your driving daily duties, hours worked, working time, mileage and fuel.
- You should have a good standard of Safe and fuel efficient driving and hazard awareness.
- You should have good working knowledge of the Highway Code.
- the ability to follow pre planned routes
- Ensuring vehicle is parked legally and securely whilst carrying out your collection and delivery duties
- Ensure all goods are accounted for and scanned as required
It is essential you have the following skills and experience;
- Have worked in a fast paced delivery environment
- Attention to detail
- Organised and have the ability to work on own initiative
- Strong work ethic
- Good standard of numeracy
Our client is a national transport business.