2nd / 3rd Line Technical Support
My client is one of the leading european retailer, looking to expand their established infrastructure team with an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide 2nd and 3rd Line escalation point for the IT functions of the business estate.
Accountabilities and Tasks:
- To provide 2nd & 3rd line technical support; including problem analysis and resolution of issues, answering support queries via phone, email and intranet.
- Respond to support enquiries directly from clients and help them to resolve hardware and / or software problems.
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles.
Position Requirements – mandatory:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- Strong Windows Server experience – Windows 2012, 2008 estate
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Windows (XP, Vista & 7) & Office packages (2003, 2007 & 2010)
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up, configuration and maintenance.
- Good network knowledge (WAN / LAN)
- Comfortable in playing a key role within a team environment.
- Strong Customer Service ethos.
- “Can do” mentality
- Aptitude for learning quickly and with minimal instruction.
- A flexible approach to the provision of support services to a dynamic, growing business